s3382060
Occasional Visitor

ANSYS Maxwell install on student PC / myDesktop

Hello,

I was just wondering if it was possible to get Ansys Maxwell installed on more computers (particularly building 10, level 9) as it only seems to run smoothly on one or two computers, in which I always get kicked out of due to a class. A myDesktop alternative would be very nice as well.

Any assistance with this would be great as it plagued me all last semester for my Final Year Project.

Tags (1)
Ahutch0

Re: ANSYS Maxwell install on student PC / myDesktop

Hi @s3382060
Thanks for posting!

Software required for computer labs and rooms are usually requested and confirmed before start of semester, but the number of computers that can run the software can sometimes also be limited by licencing.
If the software installed on a computer in a lab or classroom is not functioning, please ensure ITS is notified of it with the following the details and we will have a technician attend ASAP to investigate:
- the room in which the computer is located (building.level.room)
- the asset numbers of the computers affected (red barcode labels on the tower/desktop)

You can contact ITS by:
Phone: (03) 9925 8888 (ext 58888 from an RMIT phone)
Online: Service and Support Portal

I have created a call on your behalf inquiring as to whether the Ansys software can be implemented in myDesktop and sent you a private message with the details.

Regards,
Adam

Tags (2)