GR
New Contributor

Can't log into PC off campus after password change

Hi All, I changed my password today (following a prompt by RMIT). I changed it off campus on my home wi-fi. My computer auto locked after inactivity and now I can't log into PC again. I've tried old password and new password.

Do I need to be on campus to log back into computer for first time?

Cheers, GR

Accepted Solutions
Ahutch0

Re: Can't log into PC off campus after password change

Hi @GR

If the RMIT laptop was off campus when you changed your RMIT password, you should still be able to log back into the laptop using the previous password *until* the device comes back on to campus and connects to the RMIT network once again.
Once this happens the device should recognise the updated password, at which point you would use that for logging in (on and off campus).

Other logins (Learning Hub, emails, etc) are web-based so you would use the newer password for those. The laptop will be the exception.

Kind regards,

Adam 

View solution in original post

GR
New Contributor

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, for me, the laptop auto locked and wouldn't let me back in, with either password, until I came back to campus. A glitch, I suppose.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Ahutch0

Hi @GR

If the RMIT laptop was off campus when you changed your RMIT password, you should still be able to log back into the laptop using the previous password *until* the device comes back on to campus and connects to the RMIT network once again.
Once this happens the device should recognise the updated password, at which point you would use that for logging in (on and off campus).

Other logins (Learning Hub, emails, etc) are web-based so you would use the newer password for those. The laptop will be the exception.

Kind regards,

Adam 

GR
New Contributor

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, for me, the laptop auto locked and wouldn't let me back in, with either password, until I came back to campus. A glitch, I suppose.