New Contributor

Do we have authority to install another software?

Hi! 

I got a queastion about authority.

Do we have authority to install another software in uni computers?

Because I would like to try  Mosketch free trial (a 3D software for animation). 

BTW, it asks me the administrator's name and password while I add new brushes in Photoshop. 

Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 11.20.26 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-05-11 at 11.20.32 PM.png

Looking foreward your feedback. Thanks~~~

Best Regards,

Shajiang112

Highlighted
RMIT Connect jbh
RMIT Connect

Re: Do we have authority to install another software?

Hi @Shajiang112, in this case students don't have Administrator permission. In fact, staff are only give Admin rights upon filling out an official IT request and having it approved by their manager.

You could contact ITS if you wanted to talk about perhaps having this software installed for you onto a machine, but you would need to make a very strong case that it would be of great benefit for your project. Even so, I would have my doubts, especially given that it would require access to a program (Photoshop) to which RMIT already has a licence.

RMIT Comms guru, professionally lurking on myCommunity, googling cat gifs, and occasionally even answering questions and being helpful.

RMIT Connect monitors these forums at 10am and 2pm every day, but please call for urgent matters.