srichie
Occasional Contributor

How do I set up my email signature in Outlook?

The gmail to Outlook migration does not include migration of your gmail signature. Therefore when your Office 365 mailbox is ready for use, you need to set up your email signature.

Signatures in Outlook

You will need to set up your email signatures separately in both of the Office 365 email applications:

• Outlook (installed on your desktop computer), and
  • Outlook Web App (OWA) (accessed via a browser)

Locate your gmail signature

If you have an existing gmail signature, you can copy and paste it into Outlook.

1. Click on the gmail Settings cog icon and click Settings on the drop down menu.

gmail Tasks1a.JPG

2. Scroll down the General settings page to the Signature section.

gmail Tasks2a.JPG

If you have an existing signature, copy and paste all of the text in the signature text box to a document so that is can be used later with Outlook. Check that your signature is accurate and up to date.

3. Exit from gmail Settings

Configure your Outlook signature

1. Click File > Options in Outlook

Local Outlook - Signature1 - settings.JPG

2. Click Mail and then click Signatures… in the Create or modify signatures for messages section

Local Outlook - Signature2 - settings.JPG

3. You can have multiple signatures in Outlook. Click New to add a signature, and provide a name for it, eg. My work signature. Click Save

Local Outlook - Signature3 - settings.JPG

4. If you have an existing gmail signature, copy and paste it into the signature text box. You may need to reformat the text. Check that your signature details are accurate and up to date.

5. If you do not have an existing signature, enter your details in the text box.

6. Click on the down arrows and select the signature to include in new messages and replies/forwards messages

Local Outlook - Signature4 - settings.JPG

7. Click OK to save your signature.

8. Click OK to exit Outlook Options.

Local Outlook - Signature5 - settings.JPG

Configure your Outlook Web Application signature

1. Click the Settings cog icon to display the Settings menu.

2. Click Calendar from the Your app settings options.

OWA - Signature1 - settings.JPG

3. Click on Mail to display the Mail options.

4. Click Email signature from the Layout options.

OWA - Signature2 - settings.JPG

5. Note that you can only set up one signature on OWA. Copy and paste your existing gmail signature or create new details in the signature text box.  Check that your signature details are accurate and up to date.

OWA - Signature3 - settings.JPG

6. Click the tick boxes to select/deselect automatic inclusion of your signature for new messages and/or replies and forwarded messages.

7. Click Save

OWA - Signature3 - settings.JPG

jw
Established Member

Re: How do I set up my email signature in Outlook?

Hi,

step 2 under:

Configure your Outlook Web Application signature

is misleading, jump straight to step 3.