New Contributor

How do i setup a telephone conference

I am trying to set-up a telephone conference in an RMIT building with an external vendor.  How do I go about creating a teleconference for the vendor to dial in?

Regular Visitor

Re: How do i setup a telephone conference

Hi Wayne,

Log into the RMIT staff website and go to this link.  http://www1.rmit.edu.au/browse;ID=pe1ov0sxhkap1

Should be enough to get you going.

Robert

Tags (2)
New Contributor

The link to the solution does not seem to work. Can someone please direct me to the correct procedure to arrange conference details. I will need a permanent solution as I will be engaging in many conference calls with internal & external people for the forseeable future.

Hi @e29247
Thanks for posting!

You can find the instructions for conferencing in the article below:
https://community.its.rmit.edu.au/t5/IT-Knowledge-Base/Conference-calls-on-VoIP-and-analogue-phones-...

This system can be used for conference calls for up to six people/individual callers.

Hope this helps you out!

Regards,
Adam

New Contributor

Sorry, I am looking for a conference bridge I can include in meeting invites.

Highlighted

New Contributor

Am I correct in understanding there is no way to set up a conference call line at RMIT which people can call into from mobile phones?

e.g. "call 9925 1234 then input the meeting PIN 98765 at the prompt to join the meeting".

This is a pretty standard function at other Universities and allows you to talk to multiple regardless of where they're based or if they're using a landline/mobile.

Community Manager

Hi @owen

Members are able to dial into a teleconference using mobile phones. 

The moderator of the teleconference will need to have requested for a conference bridge account in order for this to occur. This can be done by submitting the Telephony Services request form on the Service and Support portal. 

This guide explains the proccess of dialling in once the conference bridge account has been all setup. 

I hope this helps 

Happy Posting!!!

YasmineK,
ITS
New Contributor

Thank you, there doesn't seem to be a relevant form / option on the Telephony Services form however?

Community Manager

@owen Under the service type within the telephony services form, please select other. You will then be able to specify the request your after. 

Happy Posting!!!

YasmineK,
ITS