POPSOM
Occasional Contributor

I can't login to ESS but I can login to my emails. Are my passwords not synced?

Accepted Solutions
Ahutch0

Re: I can't login to ESS but I can login to my emails. Are my passwords not synced?

Hi POPSOM!

Thanks for posting!

Your RMIT CAS password (used for email/network logins) and your ESS password are not related.
You do have the ability to set the passwords for the two systems as the same thing, but the systems are not linked so changing one will not affect the other. 
If you are uncertain of your ESS password, please contact the Service and Support Centre and they can assist you with a password reset for ESS.

Ph: +61 3 9925 8888 (ext 58888)
https://mytechsupport.rmit.edu.au/

Hope this helps you out!

Regards,
Adam

View solution in original post

All Replies
Ahutch0

Re: I can't login to ESS but I can login to my emails. Are my passwords not synced?

Hi POPSOM!

Thanks for posting!

Your RMIT CAS password (used for email/network logins) and your ESS password are not related.
You do have the ability to set the passwords for the two systems as the same thing, but the systems are not linked so changing one will not affect the other. 
If you are uncertain of your ESS password, please contact the Service and Support Centre and they can assist you with a password reset for ESS.

Ph: +61 3 9925 8888 (ext 58888)
https://mytechsupport.rmit.edu.au/

Hope this helps you out!

Regards,
Adam

POPSOM
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Adam!

Why are they not related? Are there any plans to have them related under CAS? It's such a hassle to have to remember different passwords for so many different applications and to also remember which ones are synced and which ones aren't. You can imagine the frustration it causes....

Ahutch0

Understandably so POPSOM, as ESS is one of the few systems which has not yet made it across to have its passwords synced.
I don't have any concrete answers at this time, though I can say that this is currently being looked at by ITS.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Adam