Helscott
Occasional Contributor

Office 365 for iPad

Good morning,

I'm trying to download Office 365 to the iPad through the RMIT portal. It says there is a "problem" with sending the code to my phone. Any thoughts on why folks?

H

Ahutch0

Re: Office 365 for iPad

Hi @Helscott

Can you confirm its Microsoft who is trying to send the verification code to your mobile device?
Can't think of any obvious reason that would fail, save for maybe having a different mobile number in their details.

If you didn't already do so, you can attempt to access the following webpage on the iPad and sign in with your Microsoft account (student link is irrelevant as you'll sign in with your own account):
https://products.office.com/en-AU/student/office-in-education 

Once signed in you should have the option to install.

Do they provide an alternate contact option (having the code sent to an email, for example)?

Kind regards,
Adam

Helscott
Occasional Contributor

Hi Adam

I've just tried it again. I'm pretty certain it is Microsoft asking for the information (see screenshot)

IMG_0003.PNGTo download the "app" to my iPad it still requires a code to be SMS'd to me; and when I provide it, it says "Sorry there was a problem. Try again in a few minutes"

It is asking me to log in using my institution email and password. I've tried using both my staff and student emails/passwords. It recognises me, happily taking me to the dowload page. But when I try download the apps for iPad.

@Ahutch0 wrote:

Hi @Helscott

Can you confirm its Microsoft who is trying to send the verification code to your mobile device?
Can't think of any obvious reason that would fail, save for maybe having a different mobile number in their details.

If you didn't already do so, you can attempt to access the following webpage on the iPad and sign in with your Microsoft account (student link is irrelevant as you'll sign in with your own account):
https://products.office.com/en-AU/student/office-in-education 

Once signed in you should have the option to install.

Do they provide an alternate contact option (having the code sent to an email, for example)?

Kind regards,
Adam

No joy. Getting really frustrating!

Helen

Helscott
Occasional Contributor

I've just ignored the 'SMS' button and been able to download the apps now!  So weird request re SMS - but appears to be all sorted now.

thanks Adam 

Ahutch0

Hi @Helscott

Good to hear! Office on the go!

Though, yes: does make one wonder about the SMS functionality =/

Kind regards,

Adam