Baderissa
New Contributor

Printer-Scanner

EMERGENCY

Guys i need to use the scanner and upload my assignment which is due midnight but the freaken printer isn't allowing me to scan. It says ( To use the following function, set key card ) and then it says scanner.

I tried pressing every button on there but didnt work.

Guys i have a few hours left please quick.

Accepted Solutions
Ahutch0

Re: Printer-Scanner

Hi @Baderissa
Thanks for posting!

When you wish to use the scanning function, you must do so in the following order:
1. Scan your student card. This will log you in to the printer (you can also sign in with your student ID and password if you dont have your student card)
2. Select Use Device Functions from the touch screen
3. Select Scan from the physical buttons on the left.

If you try to do steps 2 and 3 before you've performed step 1, you will receive the "To use the following function, set key card" message and you will have to start again using order above.

Generally the Ricoh printers with have guides on their various functions nearby that should assist you. If you do get stuck and the issue is urgent, you can contact the Service and Support Centre on 9925 8888 (ext 58888 from an RMIT phone)..

Hope this helps you out!

Regards,

Adam

View solution in original post

Tags (2)
YasmineK
Community Manager

Re: Printer- Scanner

Hi @Baderissa

To add to @Ahutch0 has advised, I have provided the steps with some screen shots for further assistance, hope this helps 

1. Scan your RMIT ID card or manually log in (RMIT ID number and password) to printer 

2. On the touch screen panel, select 'use device functions' 

IMG_5304 (1).jpg

3. This will enable the side panel

Screen Shot 2016-05-27 at 8.59.30 am.png

4. Select scanner on the side panel to scan 

IMG_5306 (1).jpg

I hope this helps 

Happy Posting!!!

YasmineK,
ITS

View solution in original post

All Replies
Ahutch0

Re: Printer-Scanner

Hi @Baderissa
Thanks for posting!

When you wish to use the scanning function, you must do so in the following order:
1. Scan your student card. This will log you in to the printer (you can also sign in with your student ID and password if you dont have your student card)
2. Select Use Device Functions from the touch screen
3. Select Scan from the physical buttons on the left.

If you try to do steps 2 and 3 before you've performed step 1, you will receive the "To use the following function, set key card" message and you will have to start again using order above.

Generally the Ricoh printers with have guides on their various functions nearby that should assist you. If you do get stuck and the issue is urgent, you can contact the Service and Support Centre on 9925 8888 (ext 58888 from an RMIT phone)..

Hope this helps you out!

Regards,

Adam

Tags (2)
YasmineK
Community Manager

Re: Printer- Scanner

Hi @Baderissa

To add to @Ahutch0 has advised, I have provided the steps with some screen shots for further assistance, hope this helps 

1. Scan your RMIT ID card or manually log in (RMIT ID number and password) to printer 

2. On the touch screen panel, select 'use device functions' 

IMG_5304 (1).jpg

3. This will enable the side panel

Screen Shot 2016-05-27 at 8.59.30 am.png

4. Select scanner on the side panel to scan 

IMG_5306 (1).jpg

I hope this helps 

Happy Posting!!!

YasmineK,
ITS
Baderissa
New Contributor