Maggie
New Contributor

change password without providing a mobile number.

Can I use the password self service without providing a mobile number

Tags (1)

Accepted Solutions
YasmineK
Community Manager

Re: change password without providing a mobile number.

Hi Maggie, 

Welcome to myTechCommunity!! Great questions, thanks for asking. 

You have a couple options to reset your password when using the self service password reset tool. 

Firstly you can choose to have your password reset code sent to your personal email address rather than your mobile phone. Screen Shot 2015-07-20 at 11.16.19 am.png

However if you do not want to use your personal email address or you do not have a personal email address you can reset your password by using your challenge questions which you can set up, via this link: http://www1.rmit.edu.au/browse;ID=54m700b9ko3k1 

Once they have been setup you can then answer your challenge questions as another option to reset your password. 

Screen Shot 2015-07-20 at 11.21.33 am.png

I hope this was helpful. 

Happy Posting!! 

YasmineK 

Happy Posting!!!

YasmineK,
ITS

View solution in original post

All Replies
YasmineK
Community Manager

Re: change password without providing a mobile number.

Hi Maggie, 

Welcome to myTechCommunity!! Great questions, thanks for asking. 

You have a couple options to reset your password when using the self service password reset tool. 

Firstly you can choose to have your password reset code sent to your personal email address rather than your mobile phone. Screen Shot 2015-07-20 at 11.16.19 am.png

However if you do not want to use your personal email address or you do not have a personal email address you can reset your password by using your challenge questions which you can set up, via this link: http://www1.rmit.edu.au/browse;ID=54m700b9ko3k1 

Once they have been setup you can then answer your challenge questions as another option to reset your password. 

Screen Shot 2015-07-20 at 11.21.33 am.png

I hope this was helpful. 

Happy Posting!! 

YasmineK 

Happy Posting!!!

YasmineK,
ITS

View solution in original post