Highlighted
New Contributor

Blackboard down

Blackboard has been down for a few hours. Can anyone help? 

IT services are closed 

Thank you 

Tags (2)

Re: Blackboard down

Hi @Lindsay

There should have been emails comms advising the following:

"Information Technology Services (ITS) is continually making improvements to the University's systems and applications. As part of this essential maintenance, Blackboard will be unavailable to students and staff from 2:00 am to 6:00 am (AEDT) on Friday 17 March 2017. Check your local time here.

The work being undertaken will ensure we are able to maintain a consistent experience for staff and students. In addition, this change will enable further improvements in order to fully reinstate Blackboard Notifications at the earliest opportunity. 

If you have any queries, please contact the Service and Support Centre. (www.rmit.edu.au/its/ithelp).

To keep an eye on the time and duration of planned maintenance works, please visit the IT service status page (www.rmit.edu.au/its/servicestatus)."

As we're past the 6am point I've just mimicked a few users blackboard access and everything seems to be logging and opening A-OK.

Could you reply here to advise if you've still got the problem?

Regards,

Adam

Tags (1)
New Contributor

Re: Blackboard down

Thanks for your reply! 

I never received that email, and when I selected IT it said:

All applications and services are running well. There are currently no major incidents or interruptions to service.

I couldnt see a schedule down time on this page either - so I didn't know it was down. 

It seems to be working again now. 

Thanks, 

Lindsay