Occasional Contributor

Removing previous semester's assignments from current student's grade centre view

Hi Given that BB program and course shells roll over annually, anyone have any tips on how to disable old assignments that appear in the current student’s My Grades view in a BB shell? There is an option in the full grade centre to manually hide an assessment from student view, but surely there is a simpler (automatic/date based) approach? Cheers Kieran
kieran.doolan@rmit.edu.au

Interactive Digital Media - Program Coordinator - Selection Officer
School of Media and Communication - RMIT University
New Visitor

Re: Removing previous semester's assignments from current student's grade centre view

You could try setting up "grading periods" in the Full Grade Center. Manage > Grading Periods. Then assign the assignment's grade column to the period.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Removing previous semester's assignments from current student's grade centre view

Hi Ken Thanks, yep have tried grading periods as a solution, but I was unable to get this to work. Assessments remained visible in the student view. Looks like I need to get back in and smack my head against the wall a bit more. Cheers KD

New Contributor

Kieran,

There is the option to delete the column from the grade centre. All the columns that are scores for assessments can be deleted via the drop down. I have just tried this in my sand pit and got the option on a couple of columns, but other columns didn't allow me the option to delete. I guess you could try that. The other option has been spoken about. Hide it from the students view.

I'll stay tuned as to why the options changed on different columns.

Occasional Contributor

Hi Maurice Yeah oddly, you would think this would work but deleting the assessment doesn't remove it from the students My Grades view. I have recently discovered that years worth of deleted assessments still exist in our program shell. *Sigh* they have to be manually hidden from the assessment itself in the full grade centre Cheers KD

New Contributor

Keiran,

I havd looked at this overnight and found that you need to delete the assessments from the assessment area of Blackboard. Once deleted from this area then you can go and delete them from the grade centre. Deleting the assessments does not delete the assessment from the Test/Pools/Surveys, so it can be redeployed again as an assessment with ease. Yes clunky I know, but that is the blackboard we deploy at RMIT. 

Hope this helps

Highlighted
New Contributor

Kieran,

If you still need help give me a call on 55455, I can talk you through it and maybe learn about ways you assess as well.

cheers