How to edit your module
Modules is a Canvas tool for organising all course content, files, lectures, assignments, discussions, quizzes, and external links.
Modules are designed to guide students through course content by arranging course material in a narrative flow. They are useful for making content easier to find and give students access to course materials, activities, and readings within a learning sequence. It is important to be consistent with the naming convention for your modules the whole way through your course.
There are many ways to organise course modules. Courses could be arranged by:
- Dates (such as weekly/fortnightly)
- Course Content (Lectures, Assessments, Readings)
You may have modules created in your course along with your school template. Instructors have the ability to edit or delete these previously created modules. Editing a module allows you to rename the module, lock modules, add prerequisites, and add requirements.
To edit your Module title
- Click on Modules in the Course Navigation menu on the left side of your Canvas course
- Locate the name of the module and click on the Options icon then select Edit.
- Edit the module settings you want to change. You can rename the module, lock modules, add prerequisites, and add requirements.
- When you have completed all your updates, click Update Module to save all your changes.
- How do I create a new Module?
- How do I add items to a Module?
- How do I reorder Modules?
- How do I edit Module items?
- How do I delete a Module?
- How do I remove Module items?
For more information, please visit the Modules chapter on the Canvas Community.