sangkhamatr
New Contributor

Absence

What should I do if I can't make it to uni when I'm sick? Do I need to show anyone a doctor's certificate etc.?

Accepted Solutions
e33042
RMIT Connect

Re: Absence

Hi

If you're only going to miss one day, then you can just email your tutor to ask what you will miss in class. If you think you will miss more than several days of classes, you may need to organise something with your course coordinators to make sure you will stay on top of what's going on. In the event that you will miss more than a few weeks, you may need to apply for a leave of absence, and return to your studies next semester. Otherwise, RMIT classes don't usually have an attendence requirement, so it shouldn't make a difference if you only miss one day. 
Thanks
Peter 

View solution in original post

All Replies
e33042
RMIT Connect

Re: Absence

Hi

If you're only going to miss one day, then you can just email your tutor to ask what you will miss in class. If you think you will miss more than several days of classes, you may need to organise something with your course coordinators to make sure you will stay on top of what's going on. In the event that you will miss more than a few weeks, you may need to apply for a leave of absence, and return to your studies next semester. Otherwise, RMIT classes don't usually have an attendence requirement, so it shouldn't make a difference if you only miss one day. 
Thanks
Peter