me
Occasional Visitor

BP094

I've finished 3 years of study towards BP096 Software Engineering. I wish to switch to BP094 Computer Science.

I've been told that I must apply to BP094, which clearly could result in me not being offered a place. I can't afford to not be offered a position!

How do I switch to BP094 WITHOUT APPLYING to it, given that I have completed very nearly all of the courses in the program anyway?!

Please specify your position within RMIT University in your reply.

Thanks sincerely,

Andrew Mouat (student).

Accepted Solutions
pop
New Contributor

Re: BP094

Hi Andrew,

I'm a student at RMIT who recently transferred from an applied science double into BP094. Unfortunately being enrolled into one program does not entitle you to a spot within another program, that would be silly.

However, like myself, I don't think you will find much trouble getting acceptance after lodging a direct application. Applying directly also means that you won't have to pay the VTAC fee either. If you are stressed about whether your application will be successful for the mid year intake, given the unique (almost identical aside for the placement year) overlap between software eng/comp sci programs, it would be a good idea to reach out to both your program coordinator and the coordinator of comp sci, so they can keep an eye out for your name and if possible, assist in streamlining the process.

After getting acceptance following your application you need to remember that you are in a new program, as such you need to transfer your credits. This means you need to fill out all advanced standing documentation to bring credits over from BP096 to BP094, fortunately for you RMIT admin have also stated that you can lodge an RMIT Connect online query to ensure transfer of credits before you enrol into your courses. (http://www1.rmit.edu.au/programs/structure/bp094gen8auscy)

View solution in original post

All Replies
pop
New Contributor

Re: BP094

Hi Andrew,

I'm a student at RMIT who recently transferred from an applied science double into BP094. Unfortunately being enrolled into one program does not entitle you to a spot within another program, that would be silly.

However, like myself, I don't think you will find much trouble getting acceptance after lodging a direct application. Applying directly also means that you won't have to pay the VTAC fee either. If you are stressed about whether your application will be successful for the mid year intake, given the unique (almost identical aside for the placement year) overlap between software eng/comp sci programs, it would be a good idea to reach out to both your program coordinator and the coordinator of comp sci, so they can keep an eye out for your name and if possible, assist in streamlining the process.

After getting acceptance following your application you need to remember that you are in a new program, as such you need to transfer your credits. This means you need to fill out all advanced standing documentation to bring credits over from BP096 to BP094, fortunately for you RMIT admin have also stated that you can lodge an RMIT Connect online query to ensure transfer of credits before you enrol into your courses. (http://www1.rmit.edu.au/programs/structure/bp094gen8auscy)