Occasional Contributor

Google G-Suite Future Changes

From my understanding the current changeover from G-Suite to Office 365 is only the first stage that primarily focuses on the university's email provider.

I also understand that for the time being there will be a number of G-Suite services that will remain in use, for example Google Drive alongside OneDrive from Office 365.

My question is that, is there a much longer term plan possibly a year or over a year away to eventually shut down the remaining G-Suite applications to make exclusive use of Office 365? Running two file cloud storage services seems redundant and a unneeded cost in the long term.
Occasional Contributor

Re: Google G-Suite Future Changes

Hi @Dave247 

Will have more to say on this very soon but the plan is to be only on one, Office 365.

Hope that helps.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Google G-Suite Future Changes

Thanks for confirming that. I've already started to move all my student work over to OneDrive as well as copying my events over to Outlook Calendar so I can get used to it sooner rather then later. I'll also only mention and encourage other students and teachers to use Office 365 apps and services going forward.

That's why I asked so I can get in the habit early for a much smoother transition for when it does eventually happen.