Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Google G-Suite Future Changes

From my understanding the current changeover from G-Suite to Office 365 is only the first stage that primarily focuses on the university's email provider.

I also understand that for the time being there will be a number of G-Suite services that will remain in use, for example Google Drive alongside OneDrive from Office 365.

My question is that, is there a much longer term plan possibly a year or over a year away to eventually shut down the remaining G-Suite applications to make exclusive use of Office 365? Running two file cloud storage services seems redundant and a unneeded cost in the long term.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: Google G-Suite Future Changes

Hi @Dave247 

Will have more to say on this very soon but the plan is to be only on one, Office 365.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi @Dave247 

Will have more to say on this very soon but the plan is to be only on one, Office 365.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for confirming that. I've already started to move all my student work over to OneDrive as well as copying my events over to Outlook Calendar so I can get used to it sooner rather then later. I'll also only mention and encourage other students and teachers to use Office 365 apps and services going forward.

That's why I asked so I can get in the habit early for a much smoother transition for when it does eventually happen.