Maaaatt
New Contributor

Not enough credits

Currently studying Pharmaceutical Science and I am unable to enrol into a 4th class due to BIOL2272 - Biology of the Cell being full and BIOL2273 - Principles of Human Biology not having any avaialble classes. I got an email saying I had to unenroll from BIOL2273 because it is only supposed to be for sem 2 even though you can enrol for sem 1 but it seems like it is the only possible option and there were no clashes from the planned timetable. What should I do? 

jbh
RMIT Connect
RMIT Connect

Re: Not enough credits

I'm a bit confused by the statement that BIOL2272 is full - as in, it won't let you enrol or just that the timetabled classes are all full? In the case of the latter, definitely just enrol in BIOL2272 and timetable spaces will open up.

RMIT Comms guru, professionally lurking on myCommunity, googling cat gifs, and occasionally even answering questions and being helpful.

RMIT Connect monitors these forums at 10am and 2pm every day, but please call for urgent matters.

Maaaatt
New Contributor

I have enrolled in BIOL2272 but there is no garuntee that a timetable space will open.

I just read the email again and it states

"You should unenrol from BIOL2273 in first semester and make sure you are enrolled in the course in second semester.
If you are doing it in first semester due to repeating or credits please ignore this advice"

So does this mean I can enrol into BIOL2273 if no spots open up in BIOL2272?
jbh
RMIT Connect
RMIT Connect

No, stay in BIO2272 in this case and submit a request to timetabling.

If you can enrol in the subject and it's not a quota subject (meaning there's no enrolment cap), then they will make space for you.

The link is here (https://rmit.service-now.com/connect/?id=sc_cat_item&sys_id=ecadd2494f6f66004ca652411310c780).

RMIT Comms guru, professionally lurking on myCommunity, googling cat gifs, and occasionally even answering questions and being helpful.

RMIT Connect monitors these forums at 10am and 2pm every day, but please call for urgent matters.

jbh
RMIT Connect
RMIT Connect

And just to quickly refer to the "repeating or credits" section... well, they could have been slightly clearer about the "credits" bit, but what they will most likely be referring to is students who need to do BIOL2273 in this semester because they are not following the usual course structure - maybe they started in mid-year, maybe they failed a few subjects or took some subjects early, maybe they had a break from study or went part-time.