LaiLimChan
Occasional Contributor

Student testimonial

Hi, who do I contact to obtain a copy of my testimonial of having studied in RMIT? This is urgent as I need it as proof of study.

Much Appreciated, 

Lai Lim Chan.

jbh
RMIT Connect
RMIT Connect

Re: Student testimonial

Hi @LaiLimChan, I hope we can get this done for you in time.

It depends on what you need and why, but the usual proof required is an Academic Transcript. If you're in Melbourne, please come to RMIT Connect today and get one (http://www1.rmit.edu.au/awards/transcripts/obtain). 

However, we also publish lists of all students who have graduated from RMIT by year - please see http://www1.rmit.edu.au/browse;ID=ae9qdgmnpjjl. This may be good enough to keep people happy until whichever academic document you need is posted out to you.

Best of luck with that.

RMIT Comms guru, professionally lurking on myCommunity, googling cat gifs, and occasionally even answering questions and being helpful.

RMIT Connect monitors these forums at 10am and 2pm every day, but please call for urgent matters.

LaiLimChan
Occasional Contributor

Hi, unfortunately, I am not in Australia right now, is it possible to pay online and mail the testimonial overseas?

I already have multiple copies of the transcript.

jbh
RMIT Connect
RMIT Connect

Ah, you mean the certificate you get at the graduation ceremony, don't you? Sorry for the misunderstanding.

In this case, however, I'm sorry but you may have bigger problems. We can only give you a replacement testamur when the original:

• Was stolen or lost,
  • Was damaged or destroyed, or
  • Was never received.

Because you are only allowed to have one testamur for your degree at any given time, we may ask for the original to be returned if it was damaged, or further information/documentation if it was lost, stolen or never received.

Furthermore, the cost is $150 per replacement and the turnaround time is four to six weeks to have it printed and delivered. I realise that this is not going to be helpful in terms of what you need it for, but we do offer the award verification services, the transcripts and the AHEGS statements as proof that a student has completed their studies here. 

RMIT Comms guru, professionally lurking on myCommunity, googling cat gifs, and occasionally even answering questions and being helpful.

RMIT Connect monitors these forums at 10am and 2pm every day, but please call for urgent matters.

jbh
RMIT Connect
RMIT Connect

I should add that the website for procuring a replacement is http://www1.rmit.edu.au/browse;ID=hqvd3dqmsvyd.

LaiLimChan
Occasional Contributor

Hi , I have yet to completely my studies, does that I mean I do not have a testamur?

jbh
RMIT Connect
RMIT Connect

That's correct, you can only have an Academic Transcript to show the studies that you have already finished, or a Confirmation of Enrolment (which is emailed to you every time you enrol in a course) for the courses that you are currently enrolled in.

LaiLimChan
Occasional Contributor

OK, let me get to you in a few days.
LaiLimChan
Occasional Contributor

Dear Sir/Madam

I would appreciate the urgent issuing of a certificate to whom it may concern that I have studied form 2014 to 2016 the 1st and 2nd year for the bachelor of Computer Science Program in your university (RMIT)

With much thanks and best regards,
Lai Lim Chan (s3440880)
Your sincerely,

jbh
RMIT Connect
RMIT Connect

@LaiLimChan wrote:

Dear Sir/Madam

I would appreciate the urgent issuing of a certificate to whom it may concern that I have studied form 2014 to 2016 the 1st and 2nd year for the bachelor of Computer Science Program in your university (RMIT)

With much thanks and best regards,
Lai Lim Chan (s3440880)
Your sincerely,

LaiLimChan, because you didn't complete your degree, the only official document that we can give you is your Academic Transcript. Check our list of available academic statements (http://www1.rmit.edu.au/browse;ID=nnrv2sqjah751) - as you can see, all bar the Transcript and the unofficial results statement require you to have completed your degree.

I know that sometimes students can feel a bit self-conscious about handing over their transcript because it does have all of their grades on it, but it does also have all of the information you say you require - the dates you studied, the program that you were enrolled in and the fact that you did first and second year, and it's an official RMIT document with our seal on it.