New Visitor

Student visa

Hi everyone,

I'm an exchange student from vietnam to melbourne for one year. So the upcoming sem break, I want to travel to the usa to visit my family there. I want to ask that Am I allow to leave Australia while holding a student visa? And when I come back Aus do I need any letters ?

Btw, I would like to know where can I get a student status comfirmation letter and academic transcript ( required for applying for the visa) ? I heard that I can get from Rmit Connect but I'm not sure. Hope to hear from you soon. Thank you so much.
Frequent Contributor

Re: Student visa

Hi there,


For your visa question of visiting the U.S. while as being an exchange students staying here studying at RMIT, I am not to sure. Probably you can go to talk to RMIT international. AKA 'Green cloud building' at building 22.


But for your second question of getting your transcript printed and student status confirmation letter, surelly you can go to RMIT connect to request them to print it for you. Howvere, the print for your transcript costs 40$/each.





Second year student studying BIS