Highlighted
New Contributor

Ve timetable

Hey guys,
A Newbie here,

The VE timetable for diploma of nursing is up (my group b17a) and I have NO idea how to interpret it.

Eg.There is 4 listings for Tuesday morning classes most are the same course, same time, but different class rooms.
Then 4 listings for afternoon classes, but all are different courses.

(I hope that makes sense)

I was hoping someone could explain how I could understand it a little better.

TIA
Highlighted
RMIT Connect
RMIT Connect

Re: Ve timetable

Hi Kea-Jade, I'm from RMIT Connect. It sounds to me like in the morning you have four different options for the one subject, and in the afternoon... possibly alternating weeks?

Could you please let me know which subjects you're in? Screenshots are best (no personally identifying info, please!).

And, given you specify you're a Newbie... congratulations, and welcome to RMIT Smiley Happy

RMIT Comms guru, professionally lurking on myCommunity, googling cat gifs, and occasionally even answering questions and being helpful.

RMIT Connect monitors these forums at 10am and 2pm every day, but please call for urgent matters.

Highlighted
RMIT Connect

Hi

It looks like your B17A timetable was updated yesterday, have a look in the link and I always recommend clicking on the day view when you are in there.

The Nursing team will fill you in on everything at orientation.    If you are not already doing so please do start accessing your RMIT student email in Gmail - the nursing team will email you to this account. 

http://www1.rmit.edu.au/students/it/email

Here's the Vocational Education (VE) term dates for this year as well:

http://www1.rmit.edu.au/students/vedates17

Best wishes for your studies!

Phil

Highlighted
New Contributor

Screenshot_2017-01-25-17-46-00.pngScreenshot_2017-01-25-17-46-10.pngScreenshot_2017-01-25-17-46-25.png

Thank you both for your help.

This is what the timetable looks like, I have orientation in two weeks, bit was hoping to get some sort of understanding of it before I start.

Thanks for your help Smiley Happy

Highlighted
RMIT Connect
RMIT Connect

I'm sorry I missed your reply, I didn't get a notification.

Wow... that is quite the mess.

http://giphy.com/gifs/star-trek-mess-tribbles-108KUzjTMEp2gw

However, I think what's going on here is that you're scheduled into different rooms for different weeks - ergo, why you do have a one-off first-day class all day on Tuesday scheduled in from 8:30 to 3:30, with a note attached to it saying that Orientation is on the 7th of Feb. It's just that the timetable system doesn't have the facility here to indicate which class is on which date (infuriating, I know).

RMIT Comms guru, professionally lurking on myCommunity, googling cat gifs, and occasionally even answering questions and being helpful.

RMIT Connect monitors these forums at 10am and 2pm every day, but please call for urgent matters.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I know right.

I thought that may have been the case about the different dates/ rooms.
I guess I will just have to find out on Tuesday at Orientation.

Thank you for your help Smiley Happy
Highlighted
RMIT Connect
RMIT Connect

For the record, what was the washup?