aries_me
Occasional Contributor

timetabling Nightmare

hi!

just this morning at 8.00am, i completed my timetabling, however i still couldn't get into the BUSM4176 Tuesday (10:30-11:30) class i wanted. (and i REALLY REALLY want the class)

what would you suggest that i do?

Yours Truly,

Confused

Accepted Solutions
cappuccino
New Visitor

Re: timetabling Nightmare

hello! I would suggest that you keep checking back regularly in case someone has decided to change out of that particular class, leaving an open slot for you. Otherwise you'll probably have to try finding someone willing to swap with you. 

Good luck Smiley Happy Hope this helped.

View solution in original post

jbh
RMIT Connect
RMIT Connect

You could ask around in the first week of lecture, or you could approach the tutor (once this course has been loaded up into Blackboard, you'll have their contact details). 

If you do have strong extenuating circumstances, you could also approach the tutor to ask if you can join. There are class size limits for safety and quality of teaching reasons that the tutor has to follow, but if their class attendances are still a few people short of that limit after a few weeks they might let you in.

RMIT Comms guru, professionally lurking on myCommunity, googling cat gifs, and occasionally even answering questions and being helpful.

RMIT Connect monitors these forums at 10am and 2pm every day, but please call for urgent matters.

View solution in original post

All Replies
cappuccino
New Visitor

hello! I would suggest that you keep checking back regularly in case someone has decided to change out of that particular class, leaving an open slot for you. Otherwise you'll probably have to try finding someone willing to swap with you. 

Good luck Smiley Happy Hope this helped.

aries_me
Occasional Contributor

thanks but how would i know who is in my class

jbh
RMIT Connect
RMIT Connect

You could ask around in the first week of lecture, or you could approach the tutor (once this course has been loaded up into Blackboard, you'll have their contact details). 

If you do have strong extenuating circumstances, you could also approach the tutor to ask if you can join. There are class size limits for safety and quality of teaching reasons that the tutor has to follow, but if their class attendances are still a few people short of that limit after a few weeks they might let you in.

RMIT Comms guru, professionally lurking on myCommunity, googling cat gifs, and occasionally even answering questions and being helpful.

RMIT Connect monitors these forums at 10am and 2pm every day, but please call for urgent matters.