Andrea
New Contributor

Can't plus (mention) Community members in G+ Community posts

The mention (+Name)  feature sometimes works in Community posts, and sometimes doesn't. 

When I start typing +Name the system sometimes populates suggestions of Community members, but sometimes the only suggestions are people outside this private Community (who can't actually access it). It does not suggest actual Community members. If I type + and the full name of a group member, it does not recognise this as a +Name and thus doesn't alert that member or create a link.

Any idea what might be causing this? Is there anything we can do within the Community so this work consistently?

Thanks for your help Smiley Happy

Andrea
New Contributor

Re: Can't plus (mention) Community members in G+ Community posts

I've just realised that the mentioning doesn't work for me in the new Google+ but works fine in the old one. Still an issue, but just a different one.

QuanN
Tech Guru, IT Staff

I have tried but couldn't replicate this issue in my new Google+. Which community is it? And can I join just to test?

Andrea
New Contributor

Thanks for trying @QuanN. I've realised that it just isn't showing people's photos (which is problematic when there's more than one person with that name, or they also have external G+ accounts). If you could help troubleshoot, that would be great. The Community is private, so I'll need to invite you. What address should I use?