hisham
Occasional Contributor

Google Classrooms

Hi there,

May I ask whether we (RMIT) are subscribed to Google Classrooms?

If not, is it an option?

And if so, what is involved in getting it?

Or did we make a strategic decision not to offer it?

Appreciate any feedback.

Regards,

Hisham

Tags (2)

Accepted Solutions
fiona
Contributor

Re: Google Classrooms

Hi @hisham,

Unfortunately we will not be able to provide a stand alone licence on your RMIT account but I would definitley encourage you to continue to stay engaged with testing other applications to give you a view of the real experience of the technologies we could provide. ITS is currently investigating Learning Management System called Canvas: (https://www.canvaslms.com.au/) if you are interested in exploring this.

You are more than welcome to create a personal Gmail account for the purpose of testing Google Classroom as it is a free service (the only downside being, no integration between your RMIT GSuite services). If you feel that Google Classroom is beneficial for student learning, you are more than welcome to contact the Student Experience team: its.ltr@rmit.edu.au

Kind regards,

Fiona

View solution in original post

All Replies
fiona
Contributor

Hi Hisham,

The official Learning Management System at RMIT is Blackboard so staff and students are required to access all course content, assessments and grades within Blackboard. Due to this confliction, the service has been turned off.

Hope that helps! Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

Kind regards,

Fiona

hisham
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Fiona for the clarification.

I was wondering whether there is an option to try it as a standalone solution among colleagues (no links to students, like Google Drive or any other app, really) to qualify other potential and applications beyond Blackboard.

Cheers.

Hisham

fiona
Contributor

Hi @hisham,

Unfortunately we will not be able to provide a stand alone licence on your RMIT account but I would definitley encourage you to continue to stay engaged with testing other applications to give you a view of the real experience of the technologies we could provide. ITS is currently investigating Learning Management System called Canvas: (https://www.canvaslms.com.au/) if you are interested in exploring this.

You are more than welcome to create a personal Gmail account for the purpose of testing Google Classroom as it is a free service (the only downside being, no integration between your RMIT GSuite services). If you feel that Google Classroom is beneficial for student learning, you are more than welcome to contact the Student Experience team: its.ltr@rmit.edu.au

Kind regards,

Fiona

View solution in original post