Occasional Visitor

How long do our google accounts stay active for after graduation?

I need to migrate all the data from my drive and change the settings on all the accounts that use the email

Re: How long do our google accounts stay active for after graduation?

Hi @s3490925

Thanks for posting!

Your account will only remain active up until the finalisation of enrolments for the following semester (ie: If you finish your studies Semester 2, 2016 then your account will be disabled as of Semester 1, 2017, assuming you have not enrolled into further active studies).

Once you completed your program, your student account will become disabled. This will take place by the next census date after your program is completed. As a result of this it is best not to rely on your student email or network access after the completion of your final Semester, as student accounts can not become re-activated after you cease being a student of RMIT

It is recommended you peform an email backup as soon as you are able (steps in the link below) and set up an auto reply ("Out of Office" reply) advising to contact your alternate email:
Email backup: https://community.its.rmit.edu.au/t5/Google-Gmail/RMIT-Email-Backup/m-p/983#M75 
Auto Replyhttps://support.google.com/mail/answer/25922?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

Hope this helps you out!

Regards,
Adam

ABC
New Visitor

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your post. Just to clarify, when you say the account will be inactive after finalisation of enrolments for semester 1 2017, is that the census date?

Tags (1)
Community Manager

This is correct, your student account will become disabled by the next census date. 

Happy Posting!!!

YasmineK,
ITS
New Visitor

Hi,

I completed my PhD degree (HDR in SoE) in Aug but my student account was ont closed on 1st of September.  Can you please tell me when it is going to be closed?

Best