New Contributor

New Google Calendar feature coming soon

An update to Google Calendar is coming in November / December and will be available to all RMIT users on the web. This includes a new Google Calendar User Interface and new features such as:

• Adding rich formatting and hyperlinks to your Calendar invites.
  • Viewing more details on Google Resource eg. where the room is located, how large it is, and whether it has audio/video equipment.
  • Managing multiple calendars side by side in ‘Day’ view.

To understand the new layout changes, we recommend all users view the changes here.

Tags (2)
Highlighted
Jo_
Contributor

Re: New Google Calendar feature coming soon

Hi,

I had my Google calendar shared with several other accounts where they other accounts could see thee appointments. However, on Friday suddenly all the appointments went to "busy". Would it be possible to check the settings on your end so we can share our calendars again? (https://support.google.com/a/answer/60765?vid=0-1445387670539-1512687402902)

Thanks.

Jo_
Contributor

I changed to the new calendar and saved the charing settings again and now the calendar is showing all the details as per usual. Quick fix ;-)

Contributor

That's great to hear - if you revert back to classic calendar you should still be able to view the details of each Calendar!

Contributor

Thank you for providing us with the details Linda. Just want to confirm that the new Google Calendar does have the capability of showing additional information of each room - however, it is the responsibility of the Google Resource Manager to request an update to the room to include this information (Capacity/AV Equipment).