Maning
New Contributor

Student email account problem

Hi, My rmit student email account (s3394657@student.rmit.edu.au) got a problem that it sometimes keeps resending a same sent email many times. How shall I solve this problem? Is it caused by account setting or server problem? Thanks. Regards Maning
Beau
New Visitor

Re: Student email account problem

Hi Maning,

Are you use gmail.com or are you using a 3rd party software like outlook?
I know this puzzled me but outlook for mobile, for example, looks like it sends multiples when you have multiple people you are sending your email to (cc included) however it is not actually sending multiple on the other end.

regards,
Beau

Maning
New Contributor

Hi Beau, It is gmail.com and for my case those multiple resending emails were delivered to the other end many times which is annoying for both of me and the receiver. Do you have any good idea about that? Thanks. Regards Maning
Ahutch0

Hi Maning!

Hmmm....this issue is a little unusual, particularly considering you've stated you're going through the Gmail site rather than another application (Outlook, etc).

Can you try a quick check of the following?

- Login to your student gmail, click your ID in the upper right and select Settings
- In the Setting menu, click on the Accounts tab and ensure that in the "Send Mail As" section, your RMIT student email is the only address showing.
- In the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab, confirm you don't have anything in the "Forwarding" section.

Please let us know how you go.

Regards,
Adam