DelDel
Frequent Visitor

Unable to Access RMIT E-mail

Hi guys,

I have already read the instructions as given in the RMIT Student E-mail brochure, however there was no "Open my email" link, and I assumed the link "UNREAD EMAILS (3)" would be the right one since it was the only link that points towards the email.

myrmitscreen.PNG

I've encountered a problem accessing my RMIT e-mail account. Specifically, when I click the "UNREAD EMAILS (3)" link, I was routed to the Google login page, and when I attempt to login, the below screen was shown.

unable to access.PNG 

Please assist.

Thanks in advance,

Percy, YuuiZone

Accepted Solutions
Ahutch0

Re: Unable to Access RMIT E-mail

Hi @DelDel

Thanks for posting!

When logging in to gmail.com (which can be reached via the "Unread emails" link as you've done above), students will need to sign in using their full student email in the following format:
Email: sXXXXXXX@student.rmit.edu.au (where sXXXXXXX is your student ID)
Password: your RMIT password (used to log in to MyRMIT)

Please note: if you have a personal Gmail account, you may need to sign out of this first.
The steps can be found here: https://community.its.rmit.edu.au/t5/IT-Knowledge-Base/Signing-In-To-Your-RMIT-Student-or-Staff-Emai...

Hope this helps you out!

Kind regards,
Adam

View solution in original post

Tags (2)

All Replies
Ahutch0

Re: Unable to Access RMIT E-mail

Hi @DelDel

Thanks for posting!

When logging in to gmail.com (which can be reached via the "Unread emails" link as you've done above), students will need to sign in using their full student email in the following format:
Email: sXXXXXXX@student.rmit.edu.au (where sXXXXXXX is your student ID)
Password: your RMIT password (used to log in to MyRMIT)

Please note: if you have a personal Gmail account, you may need to sign out of this first.
The steps can be found here: https://community.its.rmit.edu.au/t5/IT-Knowledge-Base/Signing-In-To-Your-RMIT-Student-or-Staff-Emai...

Hope this helps you out!

Kind regards,
Adam

View solution in original post

Tags (2)