LeighBlackall
Occasional Contributor

Why can't I add more managers to my G+ Page?

Hi folks, 

I've hit a wall in G+ Pages. We have a page with 14 Managers, 1 owner. I've read the limit on managers is 50. I can't add more managers, in that the blue button "Add manager" is no longer available. Checking my other Pages with less managers, the button is still available. Managing the Page settings through my non-RMIT account doesn't seem to solve the problem. Google searching "why can't I add more managers to G+ Page" doesn't yield results. How can I resolve this you think?

Tags (4)
QuanN
Tech Guru, IT Staff

Re: Why can't I add more managers to my G+ Page?

Only page owner can add/remove managers. Were you logged in as the owner?

https://support.google.com/business/answer/3403100?hl=en

Also there's the limit of 20 people per day can be invited to manage the page. Did you add some managers then remove and invite others on the same day?

Those are the only possibilities I can think of at the moment. As far as I know Google+ Pages is not yet available on the RMIT domain. Did you create it with a non-RMIT account?

LeighBlackall
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply QuanN,

It appears that G+ Pages has been disabled on an RMIT account. It was certainly available a month or so ago. We have used Pages in several instances - to set up School, Program, Course and Project Pages. Here's an early video explaining a very early and experimental instance: https://youtu.be/EXqy712OYKk

Do you know if G+ Pages have been disabled to RMIT accounts?

As for the Manager limit, the managers on the Pages I'm working with have been added over several months, so no, not within the same day. I'm now wondering if this is somehow linked to the RMIT accounts no longer having access to G+Pages.. when I try to add managers through my non-RMIT account, I'm still not able to add managers..

Using Wordpress as a website for a course or program is not new. It's a proven effective way to create a good looking, feature rich, customisable website.The...
Howard61
New Contributor

Our RMIT accounts are still listed as managers of the pages but we no longer seem to have access.

LeighBlackall
Occasional Contributor

G'day Howard, 

The Pages that we set up from outside the RMIT domain don't seem to be affected by this, in that we can still add managers. This suggests to me that only Pages that were set up from within the RMIT domain are affected..