sarah
New Contributor

clicking on email addresses: gmail and outlook wizard

When I click on email addresses on the RMIT website, hoping to email staff, outlook wizard starts up.  Is there some way I can click on them and gmail starts up?

Accepted Solutions
YasmineK
Community Manager

Re: clicking on email addresses: gmail and outlook wizard

Hi @sarah

Welcome to myCommunity and thanks for posting! 

Yes you are able to change the preference when selecting email links and the application in which it will open in. To change from outlook to gmail. I have provided the steps below: 

1. Log into your gmail using google chrome 

2. In the top right hand corner select on the following icon Screen_Shot_2016-02-08_at_9_22_40_am.jpg

3. A drop down menu will appear, please select allow and then done Screen_Shot_2016-02-08_at_9_22_48_am.jpg

When you click an email address from the RMIT website, it will now open within gmail not outlook. 

Hope this helps!!

Happy Posting!!!

YasmineK,
ITS

View solution in original post

All Replies
YasmineK
Community Manager

Re: clicking on email addresses: gmail and outlook wizard

Hi @sarah

Welcome to myCommunity and thanks for posting! 

Yes you are able to change the preference when selecting email links and the application in which it will open in. To change from outlook to gmail. I have provided the steps below: 

1. Log into your gmail using google chrome 

2. In the top right hand corner select on the following icon Screen_Shot_2016-02-08_at_9_22_40_am.jpg

3. A drop down menu will appear, please select allow and then done Screen_Shot_2016-02-08_at_9_22_48_am.jpg

When you click an email address from the RMIT website, it will now open within gmail not outlook. 

Hope this helps!!

Happy Posting!!!

YasmineK,
ITS

View solution in original post