Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

email@student.rmit.edu.vn unrecognized to log in

Hi everyone,

I'm a new student and I'm having a problem with my student email adress "Snumber@student.rmit.edu.au" It is unrecognized when tried to log in on google site. And I was failed to get to ITS Support Form with an error of Error Message: Message did not meet security requirements

Thank you

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
RMIT Connect
RMIT Connect

Re: email@student.rmit.edu.vn unrecognized to log in

@NGUYENNGUYEN wrote:

Screen Shot 2017-02-23 at 11.25.47.png

@NGUYENNGUYEN, that's because that email address doesn't exist. Your address is s3550685@rmit.edu.vn.

RMIT Comms guru, professionally lurking on myCommunity, googling cat gifs, and occasionally even answering questions and being helpful.

RMIT Connect monitors these forums at 10am and 2pm every day, but please call for urgent matters.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor

In order to access your email, I believe, you need to have changed your default password. Have you managed to change it yet?

Highlighted
RMIT Connect
RMIT Connect

Try s(student number)@rmit.edu.vn, i.e. s2047291@rmit.edu.vn

RMIT Comms guru, professionally lurking on myCommunity, googling cat gifs, and occasionally even answering questions and being helpful.

RMIT Connect monitors these forums at 10am and 2pm every day, but please call for urgent matters.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I cant even get to password step. Unrecognised error appear after I key in my email adress on google log in page

Highlighted
New Contributor

OK, so you haven't changed your password yet. I apologise I wasn't more specific, the initial password change is completed via the RMIT website.
http://www1.rmit.edu.au/its/password
Follow the above link and use the change password link. After this, try logging in to Gmail, it should work.
Highlighted
RMIT Connect
RMIT Connect

Using the combination I suggested above certainly does get recognised - definitely use s(student number)@rmit.edu.vn. @student.rmit.edu.vn doesn't exist as a domain as far as I am aware.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Highlighted
RMIT Connect
RMIT Connect

@NGUYENNGUYEN wrote:

@NGUYENNGUYEN, that's because that email address doesn't exist. Your address is s3550685@rmit.edu.vn.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
RMIT Connect
RMIT Connect

To quickly confirm:

s355.PNG

Highlighted
Contributor

Good morning @NGUYENNGUYEN,

Since your primary email account is VN you will always need to log in using your VN account but you will be able to send and receive from your AU account.

To set a default reply as email as your AU account, you will be able to set this up by following the instructions below:
Step 1: Add an address you own
- On your computer, open Gmail.
In the top right, click Settings Settings and then Settings.
- Click the Accounts and Import or Accounts tab.
- In the "Send mail as" section, click Add another email address.
- Enter your name and the address you want to send from.
- Click Next Step.
- Enter the SMTP server mail.google.com and the username and password on that account.
- Click Add Account.

Step 2: Confirm the address
- Open the confirmation message you got from Gmail.
- Click the link.

Step 3: Change the "From" address
- In the message, click the "From" line.
(If you don't see this, click the space next to the recipient's email.)
- Select the address to send from.

Hope that helps Smiley Happy

Kind regards,
Fiona