Specialist printers are for large format and other special printing needs. They can be of makes other than Ricoh and are not included in the RMIT-Global queue. If you need to print to them from RMIT Windows 7 computers that don't have them listed, you can add them as follows:
- Click the Windows' Start button then select Devices and Printers.
- Click Add a printer in the top-left corner of the Devices and Printers window.
- Click Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer.
- Click The printer that I want isn't listed.
- Select Select a shared printer by name and enter the full name of the printer you'd like to print to in the name box then click Next. (See the end of this article for a list of some specialist printers you can connect to. Copy the full name of the printer you want and paste it into the box.)
- Once the installation completes click Next and Finish to complete the process.
Here are some of the specialist printers you can connect to. The names are in the format \\server\location-makeAndModel. Location is in RMIT's location format Bxxxyyzzz where xxx is the building number, yy floor and zzz room. The B00807DSCLABS printers are in Building 8 Level 7 Room 151. If the printer you want is not listed here please check with the Service and Support Centre.
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in.