Please note: although newer versions of Windows will have a different look to the captures below,
    the steps should remain the same.

1. Click on the wireless icon Win7WifiIcon.jpg in the system tray

2. Select RMIT-University from the list and click Connect

Windows7WifiConnect.jpg

3. Enter your student ID in Username and your RMIT password in Password. Click OK.

Windows7WifiDetails.jpg 

4. Some Windows connections may prompt you with the following security message:

Windows7WifiCert.jpg 

Simply click Connect.

If your Windows device is unable to make a connection via the steps above, you can attempt
     to set up the connection manually by following the guide below:
     Manually Set Up The RMIT-University Network On Windows Devices

Comments
New Contributor

Hi,

Just to let you know that this page is not accessible when you connect using RMIT-Support which doesn't make it very helpful for those trying to connect to wifi. Also, there used to be very detailed setp by step instructions for configuring the wifi connection from various types of devices. These instructions seem to have gone. It would be helpful if they could be provided again somewhere. I eventually found this YT video that solved my problem https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ2O_6Lr5a4

Tx

Mark

Hi @marksmithers

No, The RMIT-Support network won't provide any internet access. The RMIT-University network is the one you'll be wanting to connect to.
You can use another internet-connected device, such as a smart phone using mobile data, to bring up the MyCommunity page and its articles if need be.
The search function on the homepage should also provide results based on keywords. So if you type "wifi" into the search bar, for example, you should be provided with the setup instructions/articles related to wifi (as pictured below):

mycommunity wifi query.PNG

Hope this helps you out!

Regards,
Adam

New Contributor
Have tried these very simple steps on my new Win10 machine and they simply dont work. I am astounded by the lack of support online with respects to detailed documentation, further its a Sunday and no real human support, the library staff are unhelpful too.

Hi @S3514077

Majority of devices will only need to go through the steps above to connect to the RMIT wifi network. Some devices, however, may require the connection to be set up manually in order to connect (eg: Windows 7 laptops set to a specfic domain or some Windows 10 devices).
You can follow the steps to do so below:
https://community.its.rmit.edu.au/t5/IT-Knowledge-Base/Manually-Set-Up-The-RMIT-University-Network-O...

The article above has also been amended to include the same link, should others experience the same issue as you have with your laptop. 
If all else fails, you can also visit an IT Service Point on campus during their open hours (listed below) and one of our staff can inspect the device settings and attempt to get your device connected.

Swanston Academic Building (SAB) – Building 80 Level 3 - Monday to Friday 8.00 am to 8.00 pm; Saturday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm

Swanston Library - Monday to Friday - 9.00 am to 5.00 pm

Building 28, Level 3 Lab – Monday to Friday – 9.00 am to 5.00 pm

Bundoora Library - Monday to Friday - 9.00 am to 5.00 pm

Brunswick Library - Monday to Friday - 9.00 am to 5.00 pm

Regards,
Adam

New Visitor
Hi,
I'm having trouble connecting to the internet using the RMIT University wifi. The connection was going on and off but it was working for around 5 mins after i restarted my computer. The computer is on windows 10 and I have set the DNS to automatic. Please advice.

Regards,
Nic