Contributor

Step 1: Go to the MS office website

1. You can reach this by clicking on the Office 365 link on RMIT student software page:
    https://www.rmit.edu.au/students/support-and-facilities/it-services-for-students

Alternatively, you can go directly to this URL in browser:https://products.office.com/en-AU/student/office-in-education

o1.JPG

2. Click the Get started for free button to start registration.

Step 2: Registration

1. In the registration page, enter your student email address

2. Click Sign up

o2.JPG

o3.JPG

3. Check your Gmail for Finish signing up for Office 365 registration email

4. Open the email

5. Click the Yes that's me button to finish the verification.

o4.JPG

6. This opens a complete your user details page

7. Enter your details

o5.JPG

Click Start.

Step 3: Browse through the apps you have on demand.

1. This opens a new page where you can view all available software

2. Click Install now to install the apps you want.

06.JPG

Comments

Is this offer available to staff as well?

Frequent Contributor

Hi @Stepheng

Yes this is available to staff and students of RMIT.

There are some other offers here:

https://community.its.rmit.edu.au/t5/IT-Knowledge-Base/Free-to-use-software-for-education/ba-p/216

New Visitor

I just downloaded this office application to my mac but I can't use them.. They required me to sign in but I can't sign in with the student e-mail address and password of RMIT account. I also tried to sign in with the password which I put first when I created the office account. Do you have some idea why I can't sign in?

New Contributor
Will we also be moving our email out of Google? I don't think it's a great that when students email staff about personal matters, this information gets absorbed into Google.
Occasional Visitor

Can I install Office 365 on my work desktop in the Uni? At present I am stuck with Office 2010

New Visitor

handy! so so handy!

Occasional Visitor

hello

Microsoft didn't send verification code back to my email.

How can I fix it?

New Visitor

i recently forgot my passwords but the Microsoft site does not allow me to reset it myself, saying my organisation (RMIT) has not defined a password reset policy. I contacted the IT Department about this, but they told me they didn't know how to solve this for me. Does anyone else have the same issue?

New Visitor

@Kate You can try to change your microsoft account by : setting-account-change microsoft account instead. If you have already sign in with an microsoft account, you may need to disconect it by: account management-remove your current device-follow the following instruction, and then,reset your computer and sign in with new microsoft account ( which is your student email)

New Visitor

I recently downloaded this Microsoft and signed in with my rmit account, but it told me that  I can just view the documents. It doesn't allow editing on a mac. please help me handle this problem.