If you find your device has connected to the RMIT-University wifi network, but you are not able to
browse the internet it's possible you have manually entered DNS (Domain Name System) settings.
1. Click on your wireless icon and select Open network Preferences
2. From the Network Settings ensure you are connected to the RMIT-University wifi and
3. In the Advanced section click the DNS tab and ensure only the RMIT DNS addresses are
present in DNS Servers (as per the screen below):
If there are any other values in the DNS Servers field (eg: 18.104.22.168), you will need to highlight
these and click the “-” button to remove them.
4. Click OK to close the Network Preferences windows.
5. Open your web browser of choice (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc) and attempt to browse.
You should now find your browser can access the internet.
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in.