Students and staff now have the ability to print direct from their personal devices to the RMIT-Global printing queue!
For most devices, this will require the quick install of the Mobility Print program from Papercut. 

You can find the quick setup guides (including handy videos) for each Operating System below:
PLEASE NOTE: 
1) Regardless of your device and its OS, it must be connected to the RMIT-University wifi network with automatic settings for the Mobility Print app to recognise the printer. 
2) There are 
two mobility print queues. One is called RMIT-GLOBAL-GREYSCALE and the other RMIT-GLOBAL-COLOUR.
The installation process is the same for each of these respective queues, but both must be installed to allow printing in both colour and black & white.

Windows OS (Windows 7 and above)

Mac OS (OS Yosemite and above) 
*NOTE: when prompted for printer credentials use your student/staff ID and your RMIT password, NOT your Mac login name*.

iOS (iPhones and iPads - iOS 9.2 and above)

Android (OS 4.4 and above - should cover most Android devices)

Chrome OS (OS v43 and above - should cover most Chromebook devices)

Comments
New Visitor

Hi,

I am running a Mac with MacOS high Sierra, and following the guide with the given links. I can not add the printer. When I click "+" to add a printer, there is no printer listed. I have not installed any software becase the page "https://www.papercut.com/products/ng/mobility-print/manual/setting-up-your-devices/macos/" does not indicate to.

I am connected to the wifi network.

Regards,

Nick.

New Visitor

Hi, 

Myself and several other students are also having the same problem as Nick via Windows OS.  We were connected to the network and followed the instructions but it was not able to find the printer.

Kind Regards,

Sarah

Occasional Contributor

It took a number of tries but I was eventually able to install the printer on my Windows 10 device. I had no trouble finding the printer on the network (RMIT-GLOBAL [pcutpradap02]) I did have an issue where the installer would keep throwing up an error when trying to verify my login details that it failed to connect to the print server.

Eventually after multiple tries it seems to have worked and the printer is now registered on my device, though I was able to repoduce the issue by running the installer a few more times. I've attached a screenshow of the error below.

error.PNG

Also worth mentioning is that at some point the website page for printing will need to be updated to inform students of the new feature.

https://www.rmit.edu.au/students/support-and-facilities/it-services-for-students/printing

New Visitor

Hi,

I did manage to print from my personal device. However the printing send from personal device alway charge at colour printing. I did try to print in black and white but still have the same problem. Can you please check on the issue. Thank you

Kind Regards