The attributes of the RMIT wireless networks are as follows:
- Security: WI-FI Protected Access (WPA2-Enterprise)
- Encryption: AES
- Authentication Type: 802.1x
- Authentication Method : PEAP/MSCHAP V2 (Win) & EAP/TTLS (Mac)
- Inner Authentication: PAP
- Security: When authenticated, SSL-VPN
- Encryption: AES128/SHA1
- Authentication Type: SSL V3 and TLS V1 128 bit
Wireless driver settings
RMIT recommends wireless drivers on mobile devices/laptops are regularly updated. The minimum driver settings are:
- 802.11n Channel 2.4: Auto
- 802.11n 5.2: Auto
- 802.11n: Enabled
- Roaming Aggressiveness: Highest
- Transmit Power: Medium
- Wireless Mode: 802.11 a/g
Note: Information Technology Services (ITS) has no control over the wireless devices (hardware and software) being used to connect to the RMIT wireless network. This means ITS cannot guarantee wireless network connectivity. Similarly, a wireless connection is no substitute for the bandwidth, reliability, security and availability of the RMIT network.
Please contact the Service and Support Centre if you have any queries.
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in.