To update the Wi-Fi driver automatically:
- Press Windows-R to open the Run then enter ncpa.cpl in the Open box then click OK
- Right-click the Wi-Fi connection and select Properties
- Note the adapter's name and click Configure button under the adaper's name
- Switch to the Driver tab, note the Driver Date then click Update Driver....
- In the Update Driver Software window select Search automatically for updated driver software, follow through to the end of the wizard and close it.
If the auto-search tool indicates that the computer already has the latest driver for the adapter try to search and install the new driver manually (Advanced):
- Google the make and model of the adapter as noted in step 3 above together with the word driver, e.g. Intel AC-7265 driver
- Select the closest match with page address matching the manufacturer's name (e.g. intel.com) then navigate to their driver download page.
- The drivers are usually listed with release dates. Download and install the most relevant driver with release date later than the driver date noted in step 4 above.
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in.