Winter in Fed Square
Embrace the winter season in Fed Square with a huge program of events, performances, exhibitions and culinary delights running from 1 June to 17 July.
As the chill descends upon Melbourne, celebrate The Light in Winter’s 10th anniversary with a vibrant program of art, music and performance from dusk. Marvel at beautiful installations, browse exhibitions and welcome the first steps towards spring at Fed Square’s much-loved traditional Solstice Celebration on Saturday 18 June, the Saturday closest to the true winter solstice.
The Solstice Celebration promises a jam-packed evening with family-friendly entertainment, a fantastic lineup of live music on the stage, roving performances and pop up food carts. With activities happening almost every day, whether musical performances, storytelling, Friday night concerts, DJs on the main stage or morning meditations, The Light in Winter has something to appeal to all tastes.
Then get your skates on to visit the only outdoor ice rink in the heart of Melbourne City as River Rink in Fed Square makes an exciting return! The ice rink will be open daily, 10am to 10pm from 18 June to 17 July along the stunning River Terrace, providing skaters with beautiful views of the city and the Yarra River. To add to the fun, there will be a selection of themed nights throughout the season, group ticketing offers and corporate packages.
If you need to recharge and keep your energy levels up, visit one of our many restaurants and cafes for some delicious winter warmers or indulge at one of the food and beverage stalls.
WINTER IN FED SQUARE PROGRAM
River Rink in Fed Square | 18 June – 17 July
Get your skates on to visit the only outdoor ice rink in the heart of Melbourne City! Sign up to Fed Square’s weekly enewsletter for access to exclusive pre-sale tickets.
The Light in Winter | 1 June – 17 July
Celebrate The Light in Winter’s 10th Anniversary with a vibrant program of art, music and performance from dusk.
- The Light in Winter Launch | Thursday 2 June
- Leempeeyt Weeyn’ Campfire | 2 June – 17 July
- Solstice Celebration | Saturday 18 June
Installations + Exhibitions
- Giant Theremin | 1 June – 19 July
- FEDERATION²: Reko Rennie with The Electric Canvas | 2 – 5 June
- Refugium | 2 – 18 June
- The Sonic Light Bubble by ENESS | 11 – 19 June
- Light Duel by Melbourne Media Lab | Saturday 18 June
- Now You See Me – RAWCUS | Saturday 18 June
- Kirra Illuminating Glass Award Exhibition | 1 June – 17 July
- Nawurapu Wunungmurra’s Mokuy | 6 – 19 June
- Close To You: The Lisa Bellear Picture Show | 21 May – 17 June
Food + Beverage
- ACMI | Scorsese | 26 May – 18 September
- NGV Australia | 200 Years of Australian Fashion | Until 31 July
- NGV Australia | Henry Talbot: 1960s Fashion Photographer | Until 21 August
Other Winter Events
- Fed Square Guided Tours | Daily
- Melbourne International Jazz Festival | Saturday 4 June
- Melbourne Design Market | Sunday 19 June
- Melbourne’s Mystery Market | Sunday 3 July