New Contributor

How to lodge an Appeal

I you want to appeal against a decision that relates to assessment adjustment, or assessment outcome, or academic progress, you can download and follow the instruction on your relevant Appeal forms, which can be downloaded at:;ID=nscj6da4vy9rz.


You can seek for further assist from the Appeals Committee Secretariat of University or of your College, or from Student Union.


University Appeals Committee Secretariat

tel. +61 3 9925 8846
tel. +61 3 9925 8862
tel. +61 3 9925 8964


College Appeals Committee Secretariats

Tel. +61 3 9925 5680


Design and Social Context
Tel. +61 3 9925 2226


Science, Engineering and Health
Tel. +61 3 9925 9780


RMIT Student Union

RMIT Connect jbh
RMIT Connect

Re: How to lodge an Appeal

Hi @Thanhthao_vu... what timely advice as we come to the pointy end of Semester.


I did quickly want to add the path that students seeking to appeal a result for piece of assessment should take:

 - Speak to your course coordinator first - they'll usually take you through the assessment and explain their marking, or alter the marks, or both.

 - If you're still not satisfied, then go to the College Appeals Committee.


The decision from the College Appeals Committee is final, but if you feel that they haven't followed correct University procedure, then you can appeal to the University Appeals Committee. I hope this helps.

RMIT Comms guru, professionally lurking on myCommunity, googling cat gifs, and occasionally even answering questions and being helpful.

RMIT Connect monitors these forums at 10am and 2pm every day, but please call for urgent matters.

New Contributor

Re: How to lodge an Appeal

Thank you @jbh for the additional info Smiley Very Happy