sabi
New Visitor

help loan approval

How do i know if i was approved for the help loan or not i got an invoice saying my payments are due so how do i know if i've been approved or not?

jbh
RMIT Connect
RMIT Connect

Re: help loan approval

OK, this process is a bit confusing and I can understand why you're a bit anxious about it.

I'm guessing that you are talking about HECS-HELP (i.e. covering a Bachelor or Master's degree with a Commonwealth Supported Place) - in which case, your HECS-HELP application will have already been approved, otherwise you wouldn't have been able to enrol. 

This is because you're entitled to HECS-HELP by virtue of being in your Commonwealth Supported program and being a citizen or a humanitarian visa holder. You can double-check your request for HECS-HELP via Enrolment Online > My Student Record > eCAF, if you want to be double-sure that you've filled it out correctly.

Don't worry about the invoice - it gives you the ability to pay your fees upfront if you want, but given that there's no discount for doing so any more, there isn't the same incentive that there once was for doing so. 

I do take your feedback on board about not getting notifications, and we'll pass it on.

RMIT Comms guru, professionally lurking on myCommunity, googling cat gifs, and occasionally even answering questions and being helpful.

RMIT Connect monitors these forums at 10am and 2pm every day, but please call for urgent matters.