owen
New Contributor

HP EliteBook Folio 9480m WiFi Issues

I'm using an RMIT issued HP EliteBook Folio 9480m and every time I close the laptop while it's running and reopen it, the WiFi won't reconnect. It takes a restart in order for the WiFi to connect again. From discussions with colleagues, I understand this is a common problem for RMIT HP EliteBooks.

Is there a fix available?

Ahutch0

Re: HP EliteBook Folio 9480m WiFi Issues

Hi @owen

Thanks for posting!

Not sure if this would be a hardware issue or the Windows drivers, but as a basic first troubleshooting step you could try the following (you may require admin rights on the device):
- Click the Windows Start Button, select Run from the menu, type devmgmt.msc in the box and click OK
- From the Device Manger Window expand Network adapters, locate the wireless adapter, right click and select Properties
-
Go to the Power Management tabuncheck the box for Allow the computer to turn this device off to save power and click OK.

With this setting off, try to monitor the wifi issue and see if it continues when you close the lid/put the laptop to sleep.

Hope this helps you out!

Regards,

Adam

owen
New Contributor

Re: HP EliteBook Folio 9480m WiFi Issues

Thanks for the suggestion Adam, unfortunately that didn't help. The WiFi adapter didn't work at all after ticking that option and closing/opening the laptop. Previously, it was detecting networks after closing/opening, after making the change it had a cross through the WiFi symbol in the system tray and didn't detect anything.

Any other suggestions welcome!