Highlighted
New Contributor

RMIT wifi on FreeBSD

Hello all!

After spending a long time configuring FreeBSD 11 on my laptop I have found that I am unable to connect to the RMIT wifi network with my laptop. I have no trouble connecting to non enterprise WPA wifi connections. I have been using a GUI program called wifi networks manager to connect to access points as the configuration files look confusing (especially as I don't know much about wifi and all the authentication protocols and stuff) I also found another GUI program called wpa_gui. However I was not able to connect to the RMIT network with these programs and neither were the people at ITS. The last person I talked to said that there needed to be two ways of authenticating and the first way needs to be AES and the programs are only displaying the individual routers whitch apparently I cannot connect to directly. I think that's roughly what he said anyway. If anyone has any advise or a verified solution it would be much appreciated Smiley Happy

New Contributor

Re: RMIT wifi on FreeBSD

I believe he said that the Pak field should have a PEAP option

New Contributor

*PSK

New Contributor

https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/howto-wireless-wpa2-enterprise-connection.39557/

The solution described here works with the addition that phase1="peapver=0" also needs to be set.