SarahS
New Contributor

Wifi - Android phone and new password issue

Hi, 

I had to update my password today and now my phone can't login into the wifi network. I have followed the directions on the web and still I can't make it work. Any ideas about what i'm doing wrong? 

Thanks. 

PhilD
RMIT Connect

Re: Wifi - Android phone and new password issue

Hi Sarah 

Welcome to myCommunity!  

Have you tried "forgetting" the RMIT University wifi on your phone?  If you click on forget, then select RMIT University from the wifi list, you will then need to re-enter your ID in the identity section and password.   This reset may fix it.

If that does not work, perhaps try your old password.  It seems odd, but there are weirder  things that can happen!

Phil

Ahutch0

Hi @SarahS

Thanks for posting!

As @PhilD suggested above, forgetting the network on your phone will remove any older passwords or incorrect info associated with it and connect up from scratch. To do so:
- From the Home screen, tap Settings (gear icon)
- Tap Wifi
- When you get the list of available networks, hold your finger down on RMIT-University and it will give you the option to "Forget Network".
- Once you've forgotten the network, it'll appear back in the list of availables.
- Tap RMIT-University and enter your staff ID for Identity (ignore anonymous identity) and your RMIT password for Password (it also pays to tap Show Password to ensure it's being entered correctly).

Hope this helps you out!

Regards,
Adam

SarahS
New Contributor

Thanks both of you but neither solution works. I'm heading out shortly and will swing by a drop-in desk. Thanks anyway. 

DDS
Occasional Visitor

Hi

I am having the same issue and not able to update.

The "authentication error" keeps appearing

sinead
New Contributor