ACYT_1997
New Contributor

Wifi Connection

Hi, I think there is a problem with my phone connection. I am able to connect the wifi (only at times), however even when I have connected to the wifi, it is either slow of doesn't seem to work..

Why is that so? How am I suppose to fix it?

Thank you Smiley Happy
Tags (2)

Accepted Solutions
michael_w
Frequent Contributor

Re: Wifi Connection

UPDATE: ITS have advised that this issue appears be resolved.
If you continue to experience any of these problems with the RMIT WiFi, please let us know.
Michael, Community Manager
RMIT, Information Technology Services

View solution in original post

All Replies
jbh
RMIT Connect
RMIT Connect

Mine is working fine in Building 28. Is there one building where you are most of the time when this happens?

RMIT Comms guru, professionally lurking on myCommunity, googling cat gifs, and occasionally even answering questions and being helpful.

RMIT Connect monitors these forums at 10am and 2pm every day, but please call for urgent matters.

ACYT_1997
New Contributor

Yes, in Building 80
jbh
RMIT Connect
RMIT Connect

@Ahutch0, do you know much about the wifi signal in B80?

RMIT Comms guru, professionally lurking on myCommunity, googling cat gifs, and occasionally even answering questions and being helpful.

RMIT Connect monitors these forums at 10am and 2pm every day, but please call for urgent matters.

michael_w
Frequent Contributor

@jbh I can answer this one!

ITS have advised of an issue which is preventing some but not all connections to the WiFi, mainly in building 80 (SAB).

The networks team are working on resolving it right now, and it is being treated as a priority 1 issue.

I'll update as this progresses.

jbh
RMIT Connect
RMIT Connect

I'm very sorry @ACYT_1997, it looks like Pokemon Go is restricted to non-Business students only for the time being.

michael_w
Frequent Contributor

@jbh , @ACYT_1997

IT have advised that this issue has now been resolved.

Everyone should now be able to connect to Wifi Smiley Happy
michael_w
Frequent Contributor

UPDATE: The issue has returned Smiley Sad

Users may experience issues connecting to WiFi in Bldg 80.

I will update as news comes through.

michael_w
Frequent Contributor

UPDATE: Despite remediation efforts, this issue has again returned and is now affecting WiFi connections in buildings 6, 8, 80 and 300. 

ITS are still working to resolve this.

If you are having issues connecting to the internet on RMIT WiFi in any other locations, please let us know - as any new information is hepful in isolating and identifying the root-cause.

michael_w
Frequent Contributor

UPDATE: ITS have advised that this issue appears be resolved.
If you continue to experience any of these problems with the RMIT WiFi, please let us know.

View solution in original post