raj
New Contributor

Wifi connectivity issue

I have a toshiba laptop running kali linux. I have problems with connecting to the RMIT wifi network. I can connect to it in building 8 but not in building 80. I use PEAP with GTC to connect in building 8 and I have tried almost every other combinations mentioned in the ITS wireless page. Any tips on how to troubleshoot this.?

Accepted Solutions
Ahutch0

Re: Wifi connectivity issue

Hi @raj
Thanks for posting!

Linux/Ubuntu/Fedora/Open Source make it a bit trickier, but you can try connecting in Building 80 with the following (if you haven't already):
Wireless security: WPA & WPA2
Enterprise Authentication: Protected EAP (PEAP)
Inner authentication: MSCHAPv2
Username: sXXXXXXX (your student number)
Password: Your RMIT Password

Otherwise, if you have the time, stop by the IT Service Point in Building 80, Level 3 and one of our staff can try some configurations and see if we can get the laptop connected.

Regards,
Adam

View solution in original post

All Replies
Ahutch0

Hi @raj
Thanks for posting!

Linux/Ubuntu/Fedora/Open Source make it a bit trickier, but you can try connecting in Building 80 with the following (if you haven't already):
Wireless security: WPA & WPA2
Enterprise Authentication: Protected EAP (PEAP)
Inner authentication: MSCHAPv2
Username: sXXXXXXX (your student number)
Password: Your RMIT Password

Otherwise, if you have the time, stop by the IT Service Point in Building 80, Level 3 and one of our staff can try some configurations and see if we can get the laptop connected.

Regards,
Adam

View solution in original post

raj
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply. I have tried with MSCHAPv2 as well. But no luck. I'll try with IT Service Point.

Regards

Shehan
Occasional Contributor

I think it might just be a deadspot connection point. One of my friends had a similar issue.