patrickconheady
New Contributor

Wifi down in building 80

In building 80, I can connect to RMIT-University and authenticate, but not get an IP address. This is on both my Android phone and Linux laptop. Both devices worked last week in the same classrooms.
Tags (1)

Accepted Solutions
patrickconheady
New Contributor

Re: Wifi down in building 80

Hello,

I received a response on 10 October under INC0030902:

What we did:

DHCP lease time reduced to four hours and pools are no longer becoming exhausted.

So it seems like the network was out of IP addresses so I could not get any. Greedy guts someone else, taking all the IP addresses!

I used both my devices in building 80 in the same classroom on 10 October and wifi was working, got IP addresses etc. All fixed.

Thanks RMIT.

Regards,

-Pat.

View solution in original post

All Replies
JoePurchase
New Contributor

Hi @patrickconheady

Thanks for letting us know about this issue. 

We have escalated this to the networking team. They are working on resolving the issue but have advised in the meantime that a reboot may resolve the issue.

If you could provide us with some more details to help us with the request. Was it only the one levl in building 80 that was affected? Do you know if it is multiple devices that have been affected or just your own? 

You can also call Service and Support Centre on 9925 8888.

Kind regards,

Joe Purchase 

IT Service and Support

patrickconheady
New Contributor

Hello,

I received a response on 10 October under INC0030902:

What we did:

DHCP lease time reduced to four hours and pools are no longer becoming exhausted.

So it seems like the network was out of IP addresses so I could not get any. Greedy guts someone else, taking all the IP addresses!

I used both my devices in building 80 in the same classroom on 10 October and wifi was working, got IP addresses etc. All fixed.

Thanks RMIT.

Regards,

-Pat.

View solution in original post