sdwei2002
New Contributor

wifi connect

I can connect to school's wifi Yesterday morning but my computer starts not connect to school's wifi yestertoday morning and I can't to school's wifi today.

Accepted Solutions
Ahutch0

Re: wifi connect

@sdwei2002,

There was an issue with the RMIT-University wifi network over the last few days which would have caused those symptoms (ie: connected to the wifi but no internet access). These issues have been resolved since then, so you should be able to connect and browse as normal.

Taking the previous issue out of the equation, the most common reason for those symptoms would be manually entered DNS settings. You can check these on your device by following the guide below:
https://community.its.rmit.edu.au/t5/IT-Knowledge-Base/No-Internet-Access-Using-Mac-OS/ba-p/125

Please let us know if that resolves the issue for you.

Regards,
Adam

View solution in original post

Tags (2)

All Replies
Ahutch0

Hi @sdwei2002

There was a previous issue with the wifi network, but this has since been resolved.

Can you provide some more details on your device and the issue?
What kind of device are you connecting with (laptop or phone? Mac? Windows?)?

Does the device fail to connect to wifi completely or does it state it's connected but you just can't receive any internet access?

Kind regards,

Adam

Tags (2)
sdwei2002
New Contributor

my device is macbook pro. It connects to wifi but the internet can't open the website. 

Ahutch0

@sdwei2002,

There was an issue with the RMIT-University wifi network over the last few days which would have caused those symptoms (ie: connected to the wifi but no internet access). These issues have been resolved since then, so you should be able to connect and browse as normal.

Taking the previous issue out of the equation, the most common reason for those symptoms would be manually entered DNS settings. You can check these on your device by following the guide below:
https://community.its.rmit.edu.au/t5/IT-Knowledge-Base/No-Internet-Access-Using-Mac-OS/ba-p/125

Please let us know if that resolves the issue for you.

Regards,
Adam

View solution in original post

Tags (2)
khushiMittal
New Visitor

I have macbook pro and it is connected to wifi but I am unable to open rmit website in it. It again and again shows this. Please help me with this.

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.rmit.edu.au (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).

NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID
Automatically report details of possible security incidents to Google. Privacy policy