Community Manager

The purpose of this community is to provide RMIT students and staff with a central place to ask questions, provide advice and talk about everything RMIT - from how to connect to the wireless network, to how to find your way around campus. You want to know where to get great coffee? myCommunity is the place for learning all the tips and tricks and getting the most out of your RMIT experience.

If you’ve got a question, search our posts and blogs for the answer or put it to the community to find a solution!

The myCommunity team manage and moderate the community forum and will be there from time to time with answers and solutions, however the community is for members of RMIT University to get connected, inform and inspire others. Please refer to the myCommunity Terms of Service

Note: As this is a peer-support forum, responses to posts will vary in timeliness. For urgent issues you are advised to contact the relevant RMIT area.

Things to remember

For student advice on posting to online forums and groups see the Privacy and Social Media tips for students.

If you are an RMIT staff member you will need to follow RMIT’s Code of conduct, Social media, Privacy and data protection, and Communication with current students policies.

Comments submitted via the myCommunity website may be moderated to comply with these guidelines.

To join the conversation, here’s a few basic things to keep in mind…

1. Be respectful.

Respect people's time and attention by asking well-thought-out questions and providing clear solutions when giving advice. Respect people as individuals by keeping your tone positive and your comments constructive. Do not post anything online that you would not say in public.

2. Be relevant.

Make sure your contributions are relevant to myCommunity, the discussion, and the topic where you post. To avoid fragmented discussion, do not post duplicate messages in different areas of the community. If you have a new question, start a new thread rather than interrupting a conversation. And if a post is particularly useful and helps you out, remember to say thanks and show your appreciation by giving some kudos (it’s the thumbs up icon at the bottom of every post).

3. Think about privacy.

Do not post confidential, personal or health information. And don't share any content you receive from others without their consent.

4. Keep us posted 

If you see something you feel is inappropriate or violates these guidelines, please let us know using the “Report Inappropriate Content” option in the menu of each post. You can also contact us if you have a question you feel can’t be discussed in this forum by private messaging an RMIT moderator.

We will be happy to help!

Comments
Occasional Visitor

I am international student commencing on  semester 1 2018 . As I had enrolled for my course  I have got a new payment invoice form. I have got  an education loan sanctioned by fincial overseas bank . The bank manager is asking me the telegrahic transfer  swift method methods to pay my fee which I had made my first deposit which are mentioned in my offer letter stating only for commencing students . As he is saying he cannot pay through the Western Union service wire transfer method. So can u please anyone help me in getting that telegraphic transfer details  to transfer my fee