Fankastic
New Contributor

Copy and paste into Microsoft Word in Mydesktop

Hi, I am having trouble copying and pasting from my computre to Mydesktop Word. When i copy something on my machine using Ctrl + C, and then tab to Mydesktop Word, the option to paste what I copied previoulsy does not exist. In the same way, if I copy something from Mydesktop Word, it does not enter my machines' clipboard so that I can paste it externally.

Any tips?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions
michael_w
Frequent Contributor

Re: Copy and paste into Microsoft Word in Mydesktop

Hi @Fankastic and welcome to myCommunity!

Copy and paste between your actual computer to myDesktop is a little unituitive at first, but once you know how to do it, it is fairly simple.

There's a guide in the IT knowledge base here which covers this (as well as a few other functions)

https://community.its.rmit.edu.au/t5/IT-Knowledge-Base/Using-the-myDesktop-Target-Menu/ba-p/1256

Steps 1 to 3 cover Copy & paste, as follows:

"3. The Clipboard enables you to copy and paste text from your local device into your myDesktopsession - and vice versa. Just copy the text from your device, select the Clipboard icon and use Ctrl +V. You're now free to paste your text within myDesktop. To paste from myDesktop, reverse the steps and use Ctrl +C in the Clipboard."

large.jpeg

large (1).jpeg

Hope this helps - let me know if this answers your question!

Michael, Community Manager
RMIT, Information Technology Services

View solution in original post

All Replies
michael_w
Frequent Contributor

Hi @Fankastic and welcome to myCommunity!

Copy and paste between your actual computer to myDesktop is a little unituitive at first, but once you know how to do it, it is fairly simple.

There's a guide in the IT knowledge base here which covers this (as well as a few other functions)

https://community.its.rmit.edu.au/t5/IT-Knowledge-Base/Using-the-myDesktop-Target-Menu/ba-p/1256

Steps 1 to 3 cover Copy & paste, as follows:

"3. The Clipboard enables you to copy and paste text from your local device into your myDesktopsession - and vice versa. Just copy the text from your device, select the Clipboard icon and use Ctrl +V. You're now free to paste your text within myDesktop. To paste from myDesktop, reverse the steps and use Ctrl +C in the Clipboard."

large.jpeg

large (1).jpeg

Hope this helps - let me know if this answers your question!

Michael, Community Manager
RMIT, Information Technology Services
Fankastic
New Contributor

Hi Wigeru,

Thank you for your prompt response. Yes, I understand now. Thanks again! 

leeesaa
New Visitor

Hello I tried this method and was able to copy and paste text however I am still unable to copy and paste images?