s3485980
Frequent Visitor

Disk full, not saving

Im at home on my macbook pro using mydesktop, connected to wireless internet and Im trying to save a Rhino file, however its saying the disk is full and fails to save. I have erased most of my files on my RMIT desktop yet the same issue is occurring. Is this occurring because of the device I'm using? Or is it directly my RMIT desktop problem? Thanks guys.

Accepted Solutions
Ahutch0

Re: Disk full, not saving

Hi @s3485980

Thanks for posting!

Whether using MyDesktop or logged onto an RMIT Computer, you will still have access to your student H: which is limited to 5GB.
The first thing you may want to do is open Windows Explorer, right click on your H:, select Properties and check how much free space is currently available.
An important note: any files in the Recycling Bin will still count toward the 5GB limit until you empty the bin and delete them permanently.
If you haven't yet done this you can do so, check the space on the H: again and attempt to save your file.

Hope this helps you out!

Regards,
Adam

View solution in original post

Tags (2)

All Replies
Ahutch0

Re: Disk full, not saving

Hi @s3485980

Thanks for posting!

Whether using MyDesktop or logged onto an RMIT Computer, you will still have access to your student H: which is limited to 5GB.
The first thing you may want to do is open Windows Explorer, right click on your H:, select Properties and check how much free space is currently available.
An important note: any files in the Recycling Bin will still count toward the 5GB limit until you empty the bin and delete them permanently.
If you haven't yet done this you can do so, check the space on the H: again and attempt to save your file.

Hope this helps you out!

Regards,
Adam

Tags (2)