Kristian_A
New Contributor

GUIDE: Using Citrix Workspace to access myDesktop

Since the existing guide (viewable here) is very hard to find and there doesn't seem to be a guide on here, I will post a breif summary on how to access myDesktop using Citrix Workspace.

Step 1: Download and install Citrix Workspace

This can be done by searching up "Citrix Workspace and accessing the official Citrix site. Download the Citrix Workspace app from there and install it on your device.

Step 2: Logging in

This part is what most students seem to have difficulty in seeing as there are so many posts here that have no responses.

Using your RMIT email and password in the initial connection page will not work.

Use the following address instead: mydesktop.rmit.edu.au (this goes in the email field, keep the password field empty.)

It will then connect to myDesktop and then prompt you to enter your RMIT login details.

Step 3: All Done!

After successfully logging in, you should be able to freely use myDesktop and any apps avaialble through myDekstop as if they were installed on your computer! The user interface will be the same as is on the web-browser version. The only difference is that Citrix is far more stable and should provide far better perfomance than using a browser.

Hopefully this guide will help those who need it!

Aishah3Abdella
New Visitor

Re: GUIDE: Using Citrix Workspace to access myDesktop

@Kristian_A wrote:

Since the existing guide (viewable here) is very hard to find and there doesn't seem to be a guide on here, I will post a breif summary on how to access myDesktop using Citrix Workspace.

Step 1: Download and install Citrix Workspace

This can be done by searching up "Citrix Workspace and accessing the official Citrix site. Download the Citrix Workspace app from there and install it on your device.

Step 2: Logging in

This part is what most students seem to have difficulty in seeing as there are so many posts here that have no responses.

Using your RMIT email and password in the initial connection page will not work.

Use the following address instead: mydesktop.rmit.edu.au (this goes in the email field, keep the password field empty.)

It will then connect to myDesktop and then prompt you to enter your RMIT login details.

Step 3: All Done!

After successfully logging in, you should be able to freely use myDesktop and any apps avaialble through myDekstop as if they were installed on your computer! The user interface will be the same as is on the web-browser version. The only difference is that Citrix is far more stable and should provide far better perfomance than using a browser.

Hopefully this guide will help those who need it!

Citrix workspace asks to set up not login

And this URL doesnt work

Atul
New Contributor

Yea the Citrix workspace doesn't ask for a password either.

I've attached what I get.

R_
New Visitor

Use this: rmitmydesktop.cloud.com works on desktop for me. 

AngusBrown
Occasional Visitor

This^^^^^

Chyaruzu
New Visitor

This worked correctly! Thank you! ( rmitmydesktop.cloud.com )

joshstarr
New Visitor

i have the same problem, did you find a solution

BG
New Visitor

that is work for me, ty for sharing